Being successful as an Amazon seller requires your listing to be at the top of every related search. The more customer traffic, the more opportunities you have to make a sale.
This is why the keywords you use for a listing are so important – and so is tracking your keyword success. Fortunately, keyword ranking trackers can automate both of these tasks, and do a whole lot more.
We’ve reviewed the best Amazon ranking trackers available online today. We’ll also cover how keyword ranking trackers work and how to improve your Amazon rankings thus resulting in more sales.
Table of Contents
- What is an Amazon Ranking Tracker?
- Best Amazon Ranking Trackers
- How to Improve Your Amazon Rankings
- Improve Your Sales on Amazon Today
What is an Amazon Ranking Tracker?
An Amazon ranking tracker is a tool that monitors the ranking of keywords or products over time. Having historical data as well as the current ranking of a particular keyword can give you valuable insight into whether it will work for your product listing or not.
There are a few related tools:
Keyword Ranking Tracker
This allows you to monitor the past and current positioning of your product listing on Amazon with the keywords used for the listing. Tracking the keyword positioning will help you determine which keywords
Product Rank Tracker
A product rank tracker will show the past and present ranking of a product listing. The ranking is determined by sales which ultimately depends on the strength of the keywords being used for the product.
This is a metric for the product listing as a whole instead of only tracking keywords. However, keywords are still a factor in the ranking of the product.
Amazon Index Checker
An index checker will show which products are indexed for which keywords. If you’re trying to rank for a specific keyword, you’ll want to make sure your product listing is being indexed for it.
There are several other factors that are considered for positioning of indexed products such as the number of five-star reviews or consistently selling the same product for a long period of time.
Best Amazon Ranking Trackers
Instead of manually checking keyword trackers and figuring out which keywords to use, Amazon sellers can use Sellesta’s powerful keyword engine. The platform analyzes over a million daily keyword searches, 20 million product listings, and a database of over 100 million keywords. Then, it tells you exactly which keywords you need to include in your product listing to rank on Amazon.
Want help completing your listing? Sellesta’s AI content generator writes optimized descriptions, bullets, and titles for you with just one click.
Sellesta.com also offers”
- Listing scoring: Get optimization checklists that verify if a given listing is consistent with Amazon best practices and highlight what’s missing.
- Keyword search integrated with listing optimization: Maximize organic traffic to your listing by finding the most important keywords to include.
- Listing optimization: Our AI trained on 20+ million listings will suggest how to change the listing title, bullets and generic keywords to get the best organic rank. Then, authorize your Amazon account on the Sellesta platform and apply all changes with one click.
- Competitive analysis: Automatically identify your direct and indirect competitors and track their BSR, prices, ranking, and listing optimization score – all in real time.
- Review analysis: Our AI analyzes key tags and the emotional tone of key tags to break down what customers really think about your (and your competitors’) products. You can see where customers are having issues with your product and make the necessary changes. And, you gain insights into why customers love (or don’t love) a competitor’s product, and how to adjust yours accordingly. Make your product listing stand out by addressing these concerns and emphasizing exactly what you know customers appreciate about this product type (in their own words)!
Features & Benefits:
- Improved organic traffic
- Reduced reliance on Amazon ads
- AI-generated copy for your listings
- Keyword search
- Listing optimization
- Listing scoring
- Competitive analysis
- Review analysis
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $19/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
GeoRanker is a product rank tracker offering services via API, custom scraping, and crawling techniques. Their Rank Checker instantly crawls Amazon Search Result Pages and searches for product listing positions so sellers can keep track of where their business and products rank amongst Amazon’s search engine results page.
You can monitor keyword ranking on any search engine, not just Amazon.
- Keyword research tools
- Competitive intelligence
- Local citation sources
- Keywords density
- Google ads audit
- Data mining
- Pro: $99/month
- Agencies: $249/month
- Enterprises: $490/month
3. Amazon KW Index and Rank Tracker
Amazon KW Index and Rank Tracker is a free chrome extension from AMZDataStudio.
You can check the indexing and ranking position of all your Amazon “Merchant Words” and “Backend Keywords” in bulk and discover which search terms are not considered relevant by Amazon.
You can also find the keywords for your listing based on relevancy, ranking, and search volume.
- Convert text to HTML
- Get backend keywords
- Search volume monitoring
4. Data Hawk
Data Hawk is an eCommerce analytics platform for ecommerce businesses using Amazon and Walmart. With Data Hawk’s keyword rank tracker you can leverage keyword rank history to maximize your PPC campaigns and analyze performance.
- Database tables
- Sales rank tracker
- Product tracker
- Sales estimator
- Seller dashboard
Pricing: Data Hawk requires a demo and call for pricing, but the following prices were reported from other sites:
- Starter: $199/month
- Growth: $499/month
- Business: $999/month
SellerSonar tries to track anything that positively or negatively affects Amazon listings and alerts you of any changes with Amazon notifications. The Amazon keyword rank tracker allows you to track the keyword rank of any product and analyze the rank history of the product.
- Hijacking alerts
- Price change alerts
- Product listing alerts
- Product review and rating alerts
- BSR alerts
- Product suppression alerts
- Basic: $10/month
- Pro: $25/month
- Premium: $50/month
KeySearch is a keyword research and ranking tool for Amazon and other sites like Google or YouTube. Beyond its keyword ranking tool, KeySearch offers other SEO options like keyword research, backlink checking, and competitive analysis. It does not offer product ranking.
Features & Benefits:
- Keyword research
- Keyword difficulty checker
- SEO competition analysis
- Keyword rank tracker
- Backlink checker
- Competitive analysis
- Content assistant
- Free Trial
- Starter: $17/month
- Pro: $34/month
7. Keyword Index & Rank Checker for Amazon
The Keyword Index and Rank Checker for Amazon is a free tool offered by Whipdata. It checks the indexing of your keywords against your ASINs and you can see your ASIN’s page and position rank on Amazon. It will also show you if your ASIN comes up organically or through sponsored ads.
- Keyword management
- Keyword generator
- Business insights
How to Improve Your Amazon Rankings
Rankings are always changing with new products or new companies listing similar products. So in addition to tracking, sellers must know how to optimize their listings if rankings drop.
1. Conduct Keyword Research
Keywords are powerful tools that link customers to your products. You must predict how Amazon users envision your product or its solution and how they might put it into words. If you’re describing your product just as your ideal customer is, it’s more likely they’ll find your listing.
Here are a few places to start your keyword research:
- Play around with the search box: Plug words and phrases into Amazon’s search bar and take notes on what Amazon suggests in the drop-down list. You’ll get an idea of the terms that customers use and what could be the best match for your product.
- Filter your search: Play with filters to align search results closer to your actual product and take notes.
- Review competitor listings: What appears in the search results? Take note of your competitors, especially the ones in the top ten spots. Notice how they title and describe their product listings. Pro tip: Sellesta.com analyzes your competitors’ products, rankings, and price changes in real time. Our AI also analyzes key tags and the emotional tone of key tags to break down what customers love (or don’t love) about a competitor’s product. Make your product listing stand out by addressing these concerns and emphasizing exactly what you know customers appreciate about this product type.
Your manual search is a good starting point, but using an Amazon SEO tool like Sellesta.com makes this process faster and easier. Sellesta’s database of over 100 million keywords will help you create a fully optimized listing to drive organic traffic. With Sellesta you can:
- Enrich your product listing with the most relevant keywords to generate more sales
- Edit your listing titles to optimize organic ranking
- Automatically generate bullet points and other text to create listings in a flash
- Upload your listings to Amazon directly from the Sellestaplatform
- Score your listing to understand areas that need improvement
- Learn what customers think about your product with review analysis
- Analyze your competition
2. Understand Amazon SEO
Once users type words into the search box, Amazon generates suggestions for more relevant keywords to their intent. After they run the search, Amazon’s algorithm presents them with a list of optimized listings carefully tailored to land them a spot on page one.
Amazon’s updated A10 algorithm is highly focused on customer experience — a deviation from the previous A9’s focus on profits. It relies on three main factors:
- Reviews and ratings
- Sales numbers
- Product listing quality
Lots of work happens behind the scenes to determine product listing rankings. Amazon tends to favor the most credible sellers, aka those with consistent sales and reviews. They balance all of these factors to decide who gets first placement on the search results, who gets Best Seller banners, and more.
3. Conduct Review Analysis
Amazon’s algorithm notices positive reviews almost as much as negative reviews. Here’s what happens:
- Positive reviews: Higher rankings
- No reviews: Lower rankings
- Negative reviews: Even lower rankings
Here are some quick tips to encourage positive reviews:
- Describe products perfectly, and triple-check dimension fields.
- Match SKU with product listings to avoid wrong shipments.
- Ensure images depict the actual product.
- Don’t buy reviews — Amazon’s algorithm can catch them and your audience may notice they’re not genuine.
- Keep your customer service practices excellent and reply to inquiries within 24 hours.
Getting good reviews isn’t the only important part. Review analysis – of both your reviews and competitor reviews – will help your products stand out.
Review analysis tools use sentiment analysis to understand what customers like and dislike about products.
For example, Sellesta analyzes key tags and the emotional tone of key tags to break down customer sentiment within reviews. This helps sellers:
- See where customers are having issues with products and make the necessary changes.
- Gain insights into why customers love (or don’t love) a competitor’s product, and how to adjust their product accordingly.
- Make product listings stand out by addressing repeated concerns from customers mentioned in reviews
- Augment your listing with what you know customers appreciate about this product type – in their own words
4. Optimize Your Product Listing
Amazon listing optimization is a multi-faceted process of using proven tactics to achieve higher rankings for your Amazon products. Sellers and experts analyze Amazon’s algorithm to determine what sellers need to include in their listings to end up on the first page of Amazon search results. Higher rankings boost discoverability to your target audience and, thus, improve conversion rates.
Listing optimization includes optimizing your product descriptions, title, bullets, images, reviews, and more.
Improve Your Sales on Amazon Today
Effectively improving your Amazon sales can take time and effort. But, automated rank trackers help support keyword tracking, listing rank tracking, and index checking.
Which software is the best fit?
If you’re looking for support beyond standard keyword research, Sellest.ai is the right platform option.
Sellesta.com replaces time-consuming manual listing optimization with AI-driven automation. Instead of manually implementing your keyword research findings, optimizing your title, conducting competitive analysis – and more – you can update listings quickly and efficiently.
Boost your current sales or launch a new product with a high success rate with the SEO tools that Sellesta offers.