We’ve seen it hundreds of times whenever we shop on Amazon: there are several products marked “Amazon’s Choice.” These products are often affordable, have lots of sales, and have great reviews. Plus, they’re eligible for prime shipping.
How did that product get an “Amazon’s Choice” badge? What does Amazon’s Choice even mean?
And if you’re an Amazon seller–how do you get the Amazon’s Choice badge for your products?
Let’s take a look.
Table of Contents
- What is the Amazon’s Choice Badge?
- How to Get the Amazon’s Choice Badge For Your Product
- Amazon Choice FAQs
- Improve Sales for an Amazon’s Choice Badge
What is the Amazon’s Choice Badge?
When a product has the Amazon’s Choice badge in the top left-hand corner, it means that they believe this particular item is best suited for the consumer. Products with an Amazon Choicer Badge have met internal criteria that Amazon has set.
Amazon is like a giant search engine for online shopping; its job is to provide its user with the top results. Amazon uses the Amazon Choice badge to help searchers quickly pick an item and make a purchase. The badge is almost like a guarantee to a consumer that they’ll be satisfied with their purchase.
While Amazon hasn’t disclosed the specific criteria it uses, Amazon Choice products have great sales, near-perfect reviews, optimized listings, and can be shipped within one to two days of purchase.
Amazon’s Choice vs Amazon Best Seller
The “Amazon Choice” badge is chosen by Amazon based on specific internal criteria. “Best Seller” products are as it sounds: best-selling products. They have the most sales whether or not they’re Amazon’s choice of product.
What Does Amazon Consider When Highlighting a Product As Amazon’s Choice?
Amazon is a business: they want their customers to make quick purchase and return for their future shopping needs. So if they’re going to recommend a product, they’re choosing ones that they think is exactly what will make the customer happy.
Amazon considers how popular the product is, its ratings, pricing, product availability, and how fast it can be delivered. They’ll also look at customer feedback: did this product satisfy the customer?
How to Get the Amazon’s Choice Badge For Your Product
Here are a few ways to improve your standings and help you get close to an Amazon Choice badge.
1. Sell Through FBA
Selling through FBA or “Fulfillment by Amazon” is a good indication to Amazon that you can get your products to your consumers on time and without problems. You can store all your products in an Amazon fulfillment center and let Amazon take care of all the shipping and handling on your behalf.
2. Optimize Your Listing
Optimizing your listing is one of the most important things you can do when selling products on Amazon. Since Amazon uses keyword search to help its consumers find the right products, having solid keywords can get you one step closer to being Amazon’s Choice.
Here are a few different ways you can improve your listing:
- Keyword Research: Do basic keyword research by using Amazon’s search bar. Including the right keywords is essential to creating a listing that searchers will see. Sellers will need to include keywords in descriptions, product titles, product bullets, and even in alt text. If you still need help adding keywords to your listings, try an keyword generator tool.
- Perform a Competitor Analysis: Competitive analysis includes researching other sellers’ marketing strategies and using this information to distinguish their strengths and weaknesses. You can understand how to improve your product and product listing by researching how your audience perceives your competitors.
- Organize Your Product Categories: Consumers are more likely to filter their search results, so ensure that you properly categorize your products so that they still appear in the search results.
- Write Informative Product Titles: Always give your products a strong title with keywords that will get a better ranking in the search results.
- Add Great Product Descriptions: Using bullet points is another way to help improve your Amazon listing. These can describe your products’ key features and allow you to use more keywords. With Amazon, you can talk about five of your product’s features. These features should include size and dimension, instructions, warranty or guarantee information, and what will come in the package.
3. Follow Other Amazon SEO Best Practices
Here are a few more ways to incorporate some best practices and get closer to that Amazon Choice badge.
Use High-Quality Images
Humans are visual creatures, especially when it comes to shopping. Appearance plays a pivotal role in whether or not we buy something. We aren’t going to buy a damaged product or anything like the description.
Using high-quality images can help your product perform well on Amazon. People are less likely to buy from a seller that uses photoshopped or blurry photos. It makes them look less credible.
Also, remember to provide your customers with multiple angles of the product so they can better understand the dimensions.
Add Backend Keywords
Backend keywords are like hidden keywords. Consumers won’t be able to see them, but they are there! You can put these in your product listings for a better rank. People do this to avoid packing too many keywords in their descriptions but still want their products to appear in search results.
You’ve got about five lines and 50 characters to talk about your product; if you go over that limit, your product won’t be indexed. So pick your keywords carefully.
How to add backend keywords to your listings:
- Log into your seller account.
- Go to inventory, and under the drop-down menu, click “Manage Inventory”
- Choose a product/listing you want to add backend keywords to.
- Once you’ve picked your product, click on the Edit button on the right side.
- Then click on the keyword tab
- Finally, in the search term bar and your key words.
Seventy-five percent of Amazon shoppers check reviews and prices before deciding on a purchase. Your price should be competitive and profitable at the same time.
You’ll need to conduct competitor research and study the market closely to perfect pricing. Another tactic is to test different prices with A/B testing to determine which price brings you the most profit.
You can automate this step too. Amazon’s Automated Pricing tool uses technology to update pricing automatically based on competitors, “Featured Offer” pricing, and other factors.
4. Improve Sales Velocity
Your sales velocity is the number of transactions and the dollar amount of transactions in a month. Sales velocity is also a great way to get Amazon’s attention. If Amazon sees that your products have great sales velocity, this can boost your product rankings and help you sell even more.
There are sale velocity limits in place when you register your account. If you exceed the limit, Amazon will determine whether or not your account needs a limit upgrade. If you have a good relationship with Amazon and continue to have great sales velocity, then Amazon will increase your limit to help you sell more.
So, how can you improve your sale velocity? The same ways you can get an Amazon’s Choice badge!
Optimize your listings for Amazon search, use high-quality images, and get more customer reviews to improve customer service. Include CTAs and advertise outside Amazon with social media to increase your brand awareness.
5. Maximize Reviews
Consumers trust reviews. They view them as personal testimonies. Maximizing reviews will not only drive sales but helps boost the ranking for that product and your profile.
Here are a few ways to improve your reviews for a product:
- You can request a review with the “Request a Review” button on Amazon. You can send a request four to 30 days after making a purchase.
- Have great customer service and be honest about your product. You want to over-deliver–not disappoint your customers.
- Send follow-up emails to remind them to leave a review. Ensure each email is personalized abd don’t send it right after the customer receives the product. Provide a link right to the page of the product they purchased. The easier it is to leave a review, the better.
Amazon Choice FAQs
Are Amazon’s Choice products better?
There’s no set answer to this question. Amazon’s Choice products have trusted reviews from consumers and are well-known brands. Compared to buying a product with few reviews and barely any brand awareness, Amazon’s Choice products could be safer.
But, there are tons of great products without an Amazon’s Choice badge–so definitely shop around to what will be best for you.
Is Amazon’s Choice reliable?
Yes. Amazon is not going to choose products that will reflect poorly on the marketplace or provide a poor customer experience.
Can you pay to be highlighted as an Amazon Choice product?
No, you cannot pay to have your products highlighted or apply to become an Amazon Choice product. You have to earn your Amazon Choice badge. And you can!
Improve Sales for an Amazon’s Choice Badge
Amazon chooses an Amazon Choice product for having awesome SEO listing, reasonable pricing, and amazing review from previous buyers. Consumers never have to wait for the product to ship to them, and it always comes in good condition. If you’re a seller on Amazon, getting an Amazon’s Choice badge is a great way to boost sales and revenue.
Are you a seller without an Amazon’s Choice badge? Don’t worry: the products deemed “Amazon’s Choice” won’t be chosen by everyone. Make sure your product stands out against all the competitors by optimizing your Amazon product listings perfectly with Sellesta.
Sellesta has a 100-million-keyword database constantly updated by over a million daily keyword searches. With Sellesta you can:
- Enrich your product listing with the most relevant keywords to generate more sales
- Edit your listing titles to optimize organic ranking
- Automatically generate bullet points and other text to create listings in a flash
- Upload your listings to Amazon directly from the Sellesta platform
- Score your listing to understand areas that need improvement
- Uses sentiment analysis to uncover what customers really think about your products. By evaluating key tags and their emotional tone, you’ll gain a better understanding of what your customers love or dislike about your products.
- Filter reviews by aspect and sentiment to see what customers are saying about any product on Amazon. In addition to targeting keywords relevant to your products, it tracks competitors’ listings, keywords, pricing, and more.